BIFMA CERTIFICATION—IMPROVE ENVIRONMENT CUM PRODUCT QUALITY & SOCIAL ASPECTS WITHIN THE SUPPLY CHAIN
Are you keen on increasing the quality and safety measures of your furniture? Make the most of BIFMA Certification with Ascents’ testing & certification services. Develop your furniture industry engaging to advocate, create models for specific purpose.
What is BIFMA Certification?
The full form of BIFMA is Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturer’s Association. The association or organization plays a huge role by setting the standards that maintain the quality of furniture. The association was created in the 1973, and it represents manufacturers of furniture from every corner of the world.
The main objective of BIFMA Certification is to provide the furniture world with a standardization that is voluntary and ensures sustainable furniture. It provides a competitive advantage for the certified manufacturers by establishing performance related criteria that focus chiefly on the improvement of environmental and social aspects within the supply chain.
Organizational bodies related to business furniture can opt for the different levels of BIFMA Standards in UAE based on first-party, 2nd-party, and 3rd-party conformance. This also means technological improvement to improve product quality to meet the requirements set by the standard.
What is BIFMA level?
BIFMA LEVEL was invented to ensure a transparent and open mean to evaluate and estimate the environmental and social impacts of furniture products to the environment in which it is built. The LEVEL conveys all the criteria that are required for a successful BIFMA Certification procedure.
The LEVEL is a system for evaluation and certification of environmentally-preferable and socially-responsible office furniture. There are three performance tiers in the LEVEL program; LEVEL 1, 2, and BIFMA level 3 certification.
To meet each level, you must fulfil a number of criteria. The higher the level is, the greater number of criteria are needed to be fulfilled.
- What is BIFMA level 1 certification? The BIFMA level 1 is the first or primary level of BIFMA certification. In this level, a manufacturer can acquire at least 32 to 48 points. Out of these points, at least 5 must be related to the product.
- What is BIFMA level 2 certification? The BIFMA level 2 is the second or medium level of BIFMA certification. In this level, a manufacturer can acquire at least 49 to 68 points. Out of these points, at least 16 must be related to the product.
- What is BIFMA level 3 certification? The BIFMA level 3 is the third or the final level of BIFMA certification. In this level, a manufacturer can acquire at least 69 to 111 points. Out of these points, at least 26 must be related to the product.
BIFMA standards help sponsor, develop, and refine, educate on the application cum importance of required complexity to implemented format. Ascent EMIRATES looks further into the process of the life cycle of quality best commercial furniture.
BIFMA Certification procedures to examination the quality of Institutional furniture. BIFMA promotes the development of performance and safety standards for office furniture, and also for a regulatory condition that nurtures innovation and value. It also serves as a community for member cooperation and collaboration among office furniture manufacturers.
- Assurance- BIFMA Certification provides customers assurance on the quality and environmental, economic and social standards of the product.
- Meeting the requirements- The standard ensures that an organization remains adhered to the directives set by it and also meets the desired requirements regarding product quality.
- Enhanced reliability- It enhances the credibility and trustworthiness of an organization. It brings a healthy organizational value worldwide. Being certified to the standard enhances the affinity of the customer towards the organization. A customer will always prefer a certified organization over a non-certified one.
- Product performance- It increases the performance of the products to meet the standard of the BIFMA. To meet the requirements of the standard, an organization may also require upgrading the quality of the product.
- Reliability- It enhances the credibility and trustworthiness of the product making it much more reliable among public.
- Brand Image- The certification helps in further enhancement of the brand image of the organization. This helps a lot in building a reputation and also in the further extension of the business.
- Satisfaction – The BIFMA Certification ensures that all the certified bodies are up to the mark in providing services. That brings customer satisfaction.
- Cost-cutting- The certification decreases the cost of furniture manufacturing, making it more cost-effective.
Tested industrial furniture and manufacturers need to meet certain number of requirements to conform to BIFMA Standards in the UAE.
- Need to assess the products based on the BIFMA Standard
- Ensure that there is ample conformity to the standard
- The products must be tested
- Ensure that the materials are used effectively and efficiently
- Also need to ensure that the usage of energy and atmospheric considerations are in accordance
- Ensure that appropriate chemicals are used in the manufacture of the furniture
- Ensure that the operations are in accordance with the standard
- Product Conformance documents are required to be prepared properly
- Conduct an Internal Audit to ensure everything is in proper place
Steps to BIFMA Certification:
The procedure is completed in a number of stages.
- First, you must contact a consultant on BIFMA. Ascent EMIRATES is the most experienced consultant on BIFMA in the UAE.
- A gap analysis will be conducted to find out which requirements of the standard are still lacking.
- Then Ascent will guide you through the documentation process.
- Training of employees and management personnel will be done.
- Ascent will provide an internal audit to ensure that your organization is meeting the directives.
- Then the documents will be submitted.
- After that, an external audit will take place.
- If everything checks out or rather, if everything conforms to the directives, the BIFMA Certification will be issued.
Problems Faced During BIFMA Certification Process:
Every certification has some issues or concerns that hinder the certification procedure on different levels. BIFMA is no exception.
- The process is a bit complicated and requires specialized knowledge.
- Lack of confidence, motivation, and commitment in the employees often causes hindrance.
- During the audit procedure, lack of knowledge and proper training can make it hard to go for the certification.
- Typically, the cost of audit, training, and quality improvement makes the organizations back out of the procedure.
- Consultants are often not qualified enough to do what’s necessary for the certification.
- Sometimes, lack of resources can also lead to an organization facing problems in opting for certification.
To solve all these problems, contact Ascent EMIRATES.
Strength of Ascent EMIRATES
- Ascent EMIRATES will help you in assuring that the quality of your office furniture is compliant to the standard and acquire the certificate. Ascent EMIRATES is a leading consultancy for the BIFMA certification in Dubai.
- Ascent EMIRATES helps to acquire the certificate without the burden of hustle and bustle and documentation process. Ascent will help you to have the certification done in the simplest way.
- Ascent EMIRATES has qualified lead auditors on BIFMA Certification with a professional attitude to handle your various problems related to conformity and certification of compliance.
- Ascent EMIRATES works around the clock for their customers and clients with the simple motto of having no extra cost other than the one offered to an organization. Ascent EMIRATES, through its effective advisory, helps organizations to cut down the BIFMA certification cost.
- Ascent EMIRATES explains the importance and implementation of the standard.
- Ascent EMIRATES trains and guides you throughout the process to achieve the certification.
- There is no compromise when it comes to the quality of your business or office furniture, that is why you can trust Ascent EMIRATES by providing reliable and innovative BIFMA Certification solutions to your difficulties.
- Get in touch with Ascent EMIRATES, to get SGS BIFMA certified in UAE standards, today.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do you mean by BIFMA certified chairs?
BIFMA certified chair means the one that passed the test for durability and safety measures. Further, this has an elegant yet supportive back/padded armrests, being developed in a view to meet BIFMA certified standards in the UAE.
How long does it take to get certified with BIFMA?
The time taken for the BIFMA Certification to get completed depends on the size of the organization and preparedness of it to conform to the standard.
For small and medium-sized organizations, 6 to 8 months is the standard time, whereas in case of larger organizations like multinational companies it can take a little longer.
How far does the BIFMA weight limit manifest?
BIFMA is for chairs manufactured for those who has corporal mass upto 275 lbs. This value represents the 95th percentile masculine order. This is tested with respect to some reliable product life of 10 years, depending upon the single-shift usages.
Explain in brief the measurement of seat-width in BIFMA guidelines:
BIFMA seat width is the first standard that includes to cover dimensional needs. The chairs made upto this standard need to have a width of 22 in or more. The one that is winder then 22 in can be used by small individuals, however it doesn’t render much comfortability feature.
What do you mean by BIFMA rated?
When we talk about BIFMA rating, it is for the commercial or office furniture that receives BIFMA rating. Many crucial tests have been made and designed/developed by specialists. Further, these tests are designed to identify the sustainability, performance, and safety measures.