ISO/IEC 17024:2012-Conformity assessment — General requirements for bodies operating certification of persons
Gain a Certificate for your competency as an Education / Training Provider by gaining ISO/IEC 17024 Accreditation for Conformity Assessment in Dubai and UAE
What is ISO 17024 Certification?
Competency for the Organization / Personnel Certification Body is typically described as “its demonstrated ability to apply knowledge, skills, and attributes”.
In many countries evidence to perform a job is defined by the level of qualification and type of education or experience that person has acquired. However, there is often no formal link between a person’s education, knowledge and skills or experience needed to perform a job successfully, Sometimes when education is the only criteria for the requirement of a job, employers often start complaining that despite having the requisite education, workers are unable to competently perform a job due to lack of practical knowledge or minimum required experience to perform the particular task.
ISO 17024:2012 Accreditation allows organizations to develop a Management System where criteria and schemes are required to recognize the competence and ability of personnel to perform or conduct a job. This ISO/IEC 17024:2012 standard can be used by the Organization to develop recognized personnel competency that fits in the framework of the required profile to meet specific industry needs. The ISO 17024:2012 Certificate identifies the core requirements at a global level, of any assessment by framing the intendancy based on the requirements of the standard and it is the responsibility of the Certification Body to integrate this with relevant sector guidelines and legislation.
ISO/IEC 17024:2012 Accreditation can be taken by Organizations providing a service that applies to different professions and different sectors. Using this accreditation scheme, organizations can improve the quality of their workforce and the efficiency of their processes in the organization.
ISO 17024:2012 contains requirements for Personnel Certification Body in the following areas
- General Requirements for the Certification Body for Persons
- Structural Requirements for the Certification Body for Persons
- Resource Requirements for the Certification Body for Persons
- Records and Information Requirements for the Certification Body for Persons
- Certification Scheme (Development of)
- Certification Process Requirements for the Certification Body for Persons
- Management System Requirements for the Certification Body for Persons
Benefits of ISO 17024:2012 Certification / Accreditation for Personnel Certification Body
ISO 17024 Certification has been created to counteract the commercial bias of vendors by providing consistent and comparable qualifications of the personnel on an international basis. Other benefits of ISO 17024 Certification are:
- Meet a global benchmark
- Less investment in training
- ISO 17024 Certified personnel are reliable worldwide
- Recognized by employers and peers
- Improves the quality of the workforce
- Allows for the mobility of workers
- Pathway for workers to move higher in the job market
- Improve efficiency, productivity, and effectiveness in an Organization
- Increases confidence in personnel performing work
- ISO/ IEC 17024 standard is recognized worldwide
Requirements of ISO 17024 Certification Personnel Certification Body
This section of the Standard covers all the structural and general requirements to be ISO 17024 Certified.
- Contribute to public protection and public confidence by hiring competent personnel
- Maintain responsibility for their actions including Certification decisions
- Establish policies and procedures to maintain impartiality
- Not allowing conflicts of interest in an Organization
- Receiving balanced input from all stakeholders
- Have adequate financial resources
- Evaluate personnel to assure that they perform the tasks effectively
- Define of particular duties and responsibilities
- Define the content and nature of competency
Why do you need to be ISO 17024 Certified?
The overall purpose is to determine the Personnel Certification Body’s competence to educate / train personnel. Though, this ISO 17024 Certification provides value through public confidence and trust in the organization with qualified and competent personnel performing the task, public confidence relies on a valid assessment of competence, by a third party, reconfirmed at defined intervals by providing confidence to interested parties in its competence, impartiality, and integrity.
Strength Of Ascent Emirates
With a team of highly qualified consultants and trainers having vast industrial experience and practical knowledge for about the last 10years+, Ascent EMIRATES helps to implement and achieve ISO 17024 certification. Our consultation approach is highly professional and customer-oriented, for effective resulting in ease of implementation of the standard ISO/IEC 17024:2012 Accreditation/ Certification.
We offer ISO 17024 Certification training and implementation of the standard by accurate gap analysis, documentation, internal audits, pre-assessment audits, certification audit maintenance services to enable your organization to get the best out of ISO 17024 quality standards. Our services are globally accepted, authoritative, and benchmarked in the field of ISO 17024 Standard.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Conformity Assessment?
Conformity assessment involves a set of well-defined processes that makes sure that your product, service, or system meets the requirements of a standard.
Is ISO 17024 Certification/Accreditation mandatory?
Just like different ISO standards, ISO 17024 Certification is a too voluntary standard. Certification of ISO can be mandatory in some countries and for certain occupations.
Why become ISO/IEC 17024 Accreditated?
Quality competition is a fact of life, and the need for a workforce proficient is a central concern of many companies. Accreditation is a mark of legal and regulatory accountability, due excellence, and success.
How long ISO 17024 certificate valid?
The ISO 17024 certificate is issued for 3 years from the date of issue. There are annual Surveillance audits during the validity of the Certificate cycle and then, Re-Certification.
What is the cost of ISO 17024 Certification?
The cost of ISO 17024 Certified depends on the nature of the Education / Training being provided, the size of the Organization, the number of units, and its assessment competency. ISO 17024 Certification
GET YOUR ABSOLUTE FREE QUOTE FOR ISO 17024 CERTIFICATION