ISO 27001 for Hospitals – Implementation of Security Controls As Per Environment Need
ISO 27001 is the only auditable international standard for an Information Security Management System (ISMS) that defines the requirements for an organization to conform to it.
What is ISO 27001?
ISO/IEC 27001:2013 (ISO 27001) is an internationally accepted information security management system. An Information Security Management System (ISMS) is a management system based on a systematic business pattern for ensuring overall business risks through the implementation of security controls customized to the organization’s specific environment and needs.
Introduction to ISO 27001 for Hospitals
The current version of the ISO 27001 for Hospitals standard places insignificance on measuring the effectiveness of the ISMS. It has already been a corporate trend to seek ISO 27001 Certification in Dubai, and within the entire UAE.
- Information security policies
- Human resource security
- Operations security
- Communications security
- Information security incident management
- Access control
These controls significantly help in protecting the database of the organization, its clients and customers from any kind of breach of information from theft, cyber-attack, hacking, etc.
ISO 27001 Certification for Hospitals in Brief:
ISO 27001 for Hospitals is an international standard for Information Security Management. It defines a single set of requirements for organizations that deal with data and information.
- The standard applies to all types of medical organizations, regardless of size or industry.
- All ISO 27001-certified organizations must demonstrate that they have implemented a comprehensive Information Security program.
- demonstrate compliance with the standard, assure users and regulators, and build organizational credibility.
- ISO 27001 for Hospitals certification to better protect their data assets from external threats and internal threats such as employee theft, malicious insiders, and natural disasters.
Benefits of ISO 27001 Certification for Hospitals:
The ISO 27001 for Hospitals certification not only increases the data security of an organization, but also comes with a lot more benefits.
- Resilience to attack- The aim of certification is to make hospitals more resistant to any data breaches.
- Protection of data- The goal of this program is to protect important data, whether it is in digital or physical form.
- Quality improvement- ISO 27001 for Hospitals ensures that the organization’s, in this case, the hospitals’ security infrastructure is constantly improving and that it is upgrading its technology. Up gradation of technology is always an integral part of both hospitals and the ISMS.
- Compliance to quality- The certification guarantees that the hospitals conform to the quality standard set by it.
- Meeting requirements- This certification also guarantees that the organization adheres to the standards set by the local government.
- Reliability- A hospitals’ credibility and trustworthiness is enhanced by having a strong security system, making it more reliable in the eyes of the public.
- Brand Image- Having the ISO 27001 for Hospitals certification enhances the brand value and corporate image of an organization. This helps immensely in building a reputation and in extending the business.
Requirements of ISO 27001 Certification for Hospitals:
Amongst the overall requirements, an organization, in this case a hospital, needs to comply with the following major requirements to achieve ISO 27001 for Hospitals Certification.
- Scope of the Information Security Management System
- Information security policy and objectives
- Risk assessment and risk treatment methodology
- Statement of Applicability (SoA)
- Risk Database, Risk Treatment Plan and report
- Definition of security roles and responsibilities
- Access control policy
- Legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements
- Monitoring and measurement of results
- Internal audit program and results
- Results of the management review
- Non-conformities and results of corrective actions
Strength Of Ascent EMIRATES
- information is safe by helping implement and helping acquire an ISO 27001 for Hospitals certificate. Ascent EMIRATES is a leading consultancy for the ISO 27001 standard in UAE.
- Ascent EMIRATES helps to acquire the certificate without the burden of hustle and bustle and documentation process.
- Ascent EMIRATES has qualified ISO 27001 lead auditors with a professional attitude to handle your various problems related to conformity and certification of ISO 27001 Compliance
- Ascent EMIRATES works 24*7 for their customers and clients with a simple motto “No extra cost than the offered fees” to an organization. Ascent EMIRATES, through its effective advisory, helps organizations to cut down the ISO 27001 Certification Cost.
- Ascent EMIRATES trains and guides you throughout the process to achieve the ISO 27001 certification.
- You can trust Ascent EMIRATES by providing reliable and innovative solutions to your problems.
- Get in touch with Ascent EMIRATES, one of the leading ISO 27001 Certification services in Dubai, today for early access to information safety.
Frequently Asked Questions :
What Is ISO 27001 for Hospitals Certification for hospitals?
ISO 27001 for Hospitals is an international standard for organizations that collect, process and store health information. The standard was developed by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), and sets out requirements for health-related activities.
How long does it take get the certification?
For how long is the ISO 27001 for Hospitals valid?
After completion of the certification process, the Certification Body issue the ISO 27001 for Hospitals Certification for 3 years. Every year there will be a Surveillance Audit and Re-Certification Audit on completion of the validity of 3 years.
What is the cost of certification for hospitals?
What ISO 27001 for Hospitals can do to protect medical organizations from cyber threats?
By setting clear standards in your organization, you can ensure that all staff members know how to safely handle sensitive data. You can also ensure that your data is being securely stored on a secure network with little or no risk of unauthorized access. ISO 27001 for Hospitals helps your organization become more cyber-savvy, which can reduce the risk of a cyber-attack in the first place.
GET YOUR ABSOLUTE FREE QUOTE FOR ISO 27001 for Hospitals