ISO 27001 for Hospitals – Implementation of Security Controls As Per Environment Need
The current version of the ISO 27001 for Hospitals standard places insignificance on measuring the effectiveness of the ISMS. It has already been a corporate trend to seek ISO 27001 Certification in Dubai, and within the entire UAE.
What is ISO 27001?
ISO/IEC 27001:2013 (ISO 27001) is an internationally accepted Information Security Management System. An Information Security Management System (ISMS) is a management system based on a systematic business pattern for ensuring overall business risks through the implementation of security controls customized to the organization’s specific environment and needs.
We have a widespread recognition over the areas of ISO 27001 for Hospitals in UAE – Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah. Besides, we provide consulting services and certification approval all throughout Oman, & Saudi Arabia.
Introduction to ISO 27001 for Hospitals
ISO 27001 is the only auditable international standard for an Information Security Management System (ISMS) that defines the requirements for an organization to conform to it.
The ISO 27001 for Hospitals contains several controls for risk assessment. These include:
- Information security policies
- Human resource security
- Operations security
- Communications security
- Information security incident management
- Access control
These controls significantly help in protecting the database of the organization, its clients and customers from any kind of breach of information from theft, cyber-attack, hacking, etc.
ISO 27001 for Hospitals in Brief—UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia:
ISO certification for Hospitals is an international standard for Information Security Management. It defines a single set of requirements for organizations that deal with data and information.
- The standard applies to all types of medical organizations, regardless of size or industry.
- All ISO 27001-certified organizations must demonstrate that they have implemented a comprehensive Information Security program
- Demonstration of compliance with the standard, assure users and regulators, and build organizational credibility.
- ISO 27001 Hospitals in UAE Dubai certification is used to better protect the data assets from external threats and internal threats such as employee theft, malicious insiders, and natural disasters.
Benefits of ISO 27001 for Hospitals:
The ISO 27001 for Hospital in UAE – Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah certification not only increases the data security of an organization, but also comes with a lot more benefits.
- Resilience to attack- The aim of certification is to make hospitals more resistant to any data breaches.
- Protection of data- The goal of this program is to protect important data, whether it is in digital or physical form.
- Quality improvement- ISO 27001 Hospitals in Abu Dhabi ensures that the organization’s, in this case, the hospitals’ security infrastructure is constantly improving and that it is upgrading its technology.
- Compliance to quality- The certification guarantees that the hospitals conform to the quality standard set by it.
- Meeting requirements- This certification also guarantees that the organization adheres to the standards set by the local government.
- Reliability- A hospitals’ credibility and trustworthiness is enhanced by having a strong security system, making it more reliable in the eyes of the public.
- Brand Image- Having the ISO 27001 certification enhances the brand value and corporate image of an organization.
Requirements of ISO 27001 for Hospitals:
Amongst the overall requirements, an organization, in this case a hospital, needs to comply with the following major requirements to achieve ISO 27001 for Hospital in Oman and Saudi Arabia regions of the Middle East.
- Scope of the Information Security Management System
- Information security policy and objectives
- Risk assessment and risk treatment methodology
- Statement of Applicability (SoA)
- Risk Database, Risk Treatment Plan and report
- Definition of security roles and responsibilities
- Access control policy
- Legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements
- Monitoring and measurement of results
- Internal audit program and results
- Results of the management review
- Non-conformities and results of corrective actions
Strengths of Ascent EMIRATES
Worried about hospitality certification? NO need; Ascent EMIRATES will ensure you that you are helped to implement and acquire an ISO 27001 Certification for Hospitals in UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia certificate. Ascent EMIRATES is a leading consultancy for the ISO 27001 standard in UAE.
- Helps to acquire the certificate without the burden of hustle and bustle and documentation process.
- Has qualified ISO 27001 lead auditors with a professional attitude to handle your various problems related to conformity and certification of ISO 27001 Compliance
- Works 24*7 for their customers and clients with a simple motto “No extra cost than the offered fees” to an organization.
- Through its effective advisory, helps organizations to cut down the ISO 27001 Standard in UAE cost.
- Ascent EMIRATES trains and guides you throughout the process to achieve the ISO 27001 certification.
- You can trust us as we provide reliable and innovative solutions to your problems.
Ascent EMIRATES can help you get into ISO 27001 for Hospitals in UAE, Oman, & Saudi Arabia, today! So, connect with our expert advisory team@ firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more. Dial : +971-4-4558490 to avail Best Offers.
Frequently Asked Questions :
How long does it take to get the certification?
Approximately, it takes 3 months for the full certification process (for less than 50 people). However, it is just a general estimation. It greatly depends on the magnitude and criticality of the business.
For how long is the ISO 27001 for Hospital valid?
After completion of the certification process, the Certification Body issue the ISO 27001 Certification in Abu Dhabi and other UAE regions for 3 years. Every year there will be a Surveillance Audit and Re-Certification Audit on completion of the validity of 3 years.
What is the cost of certification for hospitals?
Here mostly two costs are involved, i.e., Certification cost and Consultancy cost. It depends on the Consultancy you take. For best and accurate cost, Ascent provides a total package of Consultancy and Certification with no extra/hidden penny from your organization.
What ISO 27001 Hospitals can do to protect medical organizations from cyber threats?
By setting clear standards in your organization, you can ensure that all staff members know how to safely handle sensitive data. ISO 27001 Standard in UAE helps your organization become more cyber-savvy, which can reduce the risk of a cyber-attack in the first place.