OHSAS 18001 Certification in Dubai, Ras al-Khaimah, Ajman, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Fujairah UAE
OHSAS 18001 Certification in Health & Safety Management can be obtained in 6-8 weeks with leading Certification Consultants in Dubai, Ras al-Khaimah, Ajman, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain & Fujairah. BS OHSAS 18001 Occupational health and safety management system is an internationally acclaimed standard which focuses on prevention and improvisation of health and safety of employees and others associated with the organization.
OHSAS was created by British Standard for occupational health and safety management system. The standard is closely outlined with ISO 14001. Many subs – clauses of OHSAS 18001 such as documentation, corrective and preventive measures is similar to that of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
OHSAS 18001 can be applied to any organization and industry as its primary motto is prevention from accidents, ill – health and death in the organization.ISO have adopted process approach which follows PDCA act (Plan – Do – Check – Act) cycle which brings in a drive for continued perfection in the process of organisation. ISO 14001 can be adopted by any organization irrespective of its shape, size, age, and geographical location.
Implementation of OHSAS 18001:
- Certain legal requirements under OHSAS 18001 are obligatory to be fulfilled.
- Support from senior management is an essential for OHSAS 18001.
- Internal audit is a compulsion for implementing OHSAS 18001.
- Staff and supplier feedback should be considered.
- Performance management and monitoring control over health and safety issues should be present in the organization.
Benefits of OHSAS 18001 :
- Encouragement to determine risk associated factors and activities.
- Reduction in absenteeism and employee turnover.
- Increase in awareness regarding risks in the organization.
- Active participation and trust from employees.
- Reduced cost of accidents and insurance.
- Established organizational control and risk management.
- Recognized as qualified for International standard adds credibility to the organization.
Problems faced in OHSAS 18001:
- Organizations pay more emphasis on safety and ignore health related issues.
- Meeting legislations bear out as a complicated task for most of the organization as either they don’t have complete knowledge regarding OHSAS 18001 or they fail to understand most of them.
- Employees, if not properly trained, do not give importance to OHSAS 18001 because “Ill health and accidents are what mostly occurs to others.” The one who haven’t faced it doesn’t value it.
- Often auditing and review of the risks management are incorrect as organizations lack familiarity with prominent risk factors.
Most of the organizations are unable of determining core factor of risks in their workplace and consider the ones which are futile to them.
- Auditing, Training and improving quality can cost you more than you can input, which makes most of the organization to step out of the process.
- Selection of consultancy is a time-consuming mission as most of the consultants offer incorrect and unprofessional schemes to draw a huge amount of money from you.
- A possibility that the Consultant guides through, and emphasizes on massive documentation which the organization cannot handle, and somehow aren’t the mandatory requirement of the international standard too.
Selection of a certification body that does not bear or maintain enough credibility, resulting in loss of accreditation.