Guarantee that the wood & paper products originate from responsibly managed forests, will meet stringent environmental, social, and economic standards: PEFC Certification
In the past few years, there has been a lot of discussion about the impact that companies have on their local communities. One way in which companies can help make a difference is by becoming certified by PEFC (the Program for Endorsement of Forest Certification). The Certification program helps companies prove that they are using sustainably harvested wood in their products.
PEFC Certification is a worldwide affirmation of assurance of sustainable and responsible forest management. This certification means that wood and paper item products that come from forests stick to thorough environmental, social, and economic guidelines, advancing biodiversity, local area prosperity, and the general safety being of our forests.
PEFC gives shoppers and organizations trust in picking products that add to a more sustainable and eco-friendly future.
PEFC Certification In A Brief:
The certification program is overseen by the PEFC, which was founded in 2000. The organization works with partner organizations around the world to enforce its rules, including monitoring how companies’ supply chains are organized and operated.
As an arms-length third party, the PEFC has a different approach than many other certifications. For instance, it doesn’t issue its product labels; instead, it requires that companies use branding that indicates they have been certified under its system, The certification can help your business go green in the UAE.
Ascent EMIRATES helps you to gain this PEFC Certification in UAE – Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Fujairah, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah, and Al Ain. Besides, apart from the UAE, we also have exposure to Oman and Saudi Arabia.
Significance of PEFC Certification:
Companies with PEFC accreditation must also follow strict industry standards that ensure they use forest products without damaging the environment or local communities. You can use it as an opportunity to show consumers what you stand for, whether it’s through product packaging or your company’s social media presence.
Responsible forestry practices are about following the laws and regulations in place, as well as contributing to the conservation of natural resources. The significance of PEFC in UAE for responsible forestry practices is twofold, i.e.;
- Firstly, it allows consumers to be confident they are buying environmentally friendly products.
- Secondly, it ensures that suppliers follow strict regulations regarding forest management practices when sourcing materials for manufacturing purposes.
Benefits Of PEFC Certification:
- The PEFC accreditation helps you build trust with consumers by showing them that you care about protecting their environment through responsible business practices.
- This certification helps build a company’s reputation as an environmentally responsible business.
- Achieving PEFC accreditation helps in building a strong position in the competition because it shows that your company has committed towards sustainability.
- This can also help your organization get better results as you become more trusted by customers.
- Being a PEFC-certified company in the UAE and being known as responsible and environmentally conscious is a good way to stand out from your competitors.
- It also helps your brand image. This can be done by simply applying for certification or by working with an accredited certification body.
Requirements of PEFC Accreditation:
The requirements for PEFC accreditation are stringent. The program is designed to ensure that materials from responsibly managed forests are used in the manufacture of products sold in the European Union (EU). It also provides certification that products are free from illegally harvested timber and illegal forest practices, such as the use of land clearing for agriculture.
The requirements for this certification include:
- The ability of the business to demonstrate that it has implemented a sustainable business model, with a focus on reducing its environmental footprint
- A commitment to working towards or achieving PEFC accreditation in the UAE.
- A commitment to continual improvement for sustainable business practices over time.
- Helpful for any business looking to improve its environmental footprint.
- If your company has been looking for ways to become more sustainable and reduce its carbon footprint, then getting certified as a PEFC member could be just what you need.
PEFC Accreditation Process:
The PEFC certification process carries out a lot of many procedures to make sure that forest management practices meet stringent sustainability requisites. Here is an overview of the PEFC Certification process:
- Initial Assessment:
- Development of Forest Management Standards:
- Implementation of Forest Management Plan:
- Audit and Evaluation:
- PEFC Award:
- Continuous Improvement:
Strength of Ascent EMIRATES:
Ascent EMIRATES is proud to be the only certification body in the UAE offering both the FSC and PEFC accreditations. This allows us to offer both programs at once, providing you with greater flexibility and more options for achieving your goals. Here goes our strength:
- Helps you strengthen your brand’s environmental credibility by obtaining PEFC Accreditation in the UAE.
- The system is based on the European Commission’s PEFC (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification) standards and its procedures, which are recognized worldwide as an important tool in promoting sustainable forestry practices.
- The team of experienced business certification professionals and consultants who understand the process of meeting the highest standards of PEFC and can help you meet all the criteria for certification.
- With our guidance and expertise, you can achieve PEFC accreditation in the UAE in no time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can small or family-owned forests get PEFC Accreditation?
Indeed, PEFC is intended to be comprehensive, and forests of different sizes and possession standards can apply. PEFC perceives the significance of connecting little and family backwoods proprietors in maintainable sustainable forestry practices
Q2. How Does PEFC Certificate Help You Go Green?
The PEFC accreditation is a global environmental certification that identifies and certifies companies that are committed to the responsible management of their forestry, wild lands, and natural resources
Q3. How Ascent EMIRATES Can Help You Achieve PEFC Certificate Standard?
Ascent EMIRATES, being one of the most renowned ISO and other business certification consultant firms in the UAE and other Middle East Regions can help you strengthen your brand’s environmental credibility by providing you with the tools necessary to meet all the requirements for PEFC Standard In UAE.
Q4. Does Having PEFC Accreditation Help You Become More Trustworthy To Customers?
The PEFC accreditation is a sign of responsibility for responsible forestry. Consumers will have a clear understanding of where their products come from, where they are made, and who makes them. The PEFC accreditation represents your commitment to responsible forestry practices.