Get a RoHS certificate for your electrical and electronic devices and be sure about the safety of the hazardous substances in them.
What is RoHS Certification
RoHS is a Product Marking Certification in compliance with EU Directives.
Restriction of Hazardous Substances also known as RoHS. It is a directive 2011/65/EU compliance to restrict the use of hazardous substances for electrical and electronic devices. The restriction of hazardous substances is to safeguard human health and the environment from any kind of damage in EEE (Electrical and electronic equipment. Manufacturers are allowed the produce EEE products within the scope of the regulation to meet the requirements of the RoHS compliance Directive. Sometimes RoHS is also referred to as “Lead-free EEE directives”.
On June 4, 2015, Directive 2011/65/EU was amended by Directive 2015/863 to adding 4 new hazardous substances to the list increasing the total number of restricted substances to 10. Products included in categories 1 thru 7 and 10 and 11 need to comply by July 22, 2019. Products in categories 8 and 9 will need to comply by July 22, 2021. The objective of this directive is to restrict the use of these hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment. They are
- Hexavalent Chromium (Cr(VI))
- Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB)
- Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE)
- Bis(2-Ethylhexyl) Phthalate (DEHP)
- Benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP)
- Dibutyl phthalate (DBP)
- Diisobutyl phthalate (DIBP)
RoHS compliance certificate bans the usage of these hazardous substances from containing more than agreed levels in any Electrical and electronic equipment. Hence to certify the compliance of the directive these hazardous substances should not be added in any and if required should not exceed the exact level to trace the safety of the devices and compliance with the RoHS directive.
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE) 2002/96/EC and RoHS Restriction of Hazardous Substances is linked with each other. As WEEE sets collection, recycling and recovery targets for electrical goods to solve the problem of huge amounts of toxic e-waste
as a part of a legislative. The RoHS directive applies to Consumer equipment, leisure, and sports equipment, lighting equipment, electronic and electrical tools, small household appliances, as defined by a section of the WEEE directive. All the products must pass WEEE to get an entry into EU markets.
Benefits of RoHS Certification?
The electrical and electronic equipment undergoes the RoHS testing and had several benefits to the organization as well to the society.
1. Safety of consumer
2. Customer Satisfaction
3. Reduction in e-waste
4. Increased production efficiency
5. Competitive advantage internationally
6. Quality enhancement
7. Prevention from hazardous substances
8. Systematic and tight process control
9. Improved brand value in the market
Requirements of RoHS Certification?
To comply with the RoHS compliance an organization need to fulfil certain requirements such as
- Regular conduct of RoHS testing to ensure the compliance of RoHS directive
- Take appropriate actions to meet the directive of the RoHS
- Ensure the elimination of hazardous substances in the equipment
- Internal audit to proper conformity of the RoHS certification
- Perform selected analysis of components in EEE
- Development of technical file for each EEE
Why does your organization need to acquire RoHS certification?
Becoming a RoHS compliant Certificate holder leads you to sell any electrical and electronic products in the EU and EEA markets. RoHS and CE are mandatory in the European union to get into their markets. RoHS is a certificate of confidence that your products are safe for usage and do not exceed the limit of hazardous substances and have passed all the RoHS testing.
Strength of Ascent EMIRATES
- Ascent is the largest provider of RoHS compliance certificates and RoHS testing worldwide.
- We have qualified and professional staff and employees for the achievement of RoHS directives.
- Ascent helps you the whole process to acquire a RoHS certificate.
- Conducting a Gap Analysis
- Documenting the Technical File
- Identifying the testing requirements
- Liaise and conduct the Internal Production Control Audit
- Closure of Non-Conformities from the Audit
- We Ascent have a one-stop solution for all your needs with the CE RoHS compliance.
- Ascent EMIRATES are available 24X7 to provide our clients and customers a helping hand when required.
- Ascent value the need of the customer and follows all the relevant regulation to avoid hazardous substances to meet the RoHS compliance.
- After evaluating your business we will get you the real cost, involvement patterns, and timelines, for implementing and acquiring RoHS certification.
Get your electrical and electronic equipment RoHS certified today.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is RoHS compliant?
RoHS compliant means the equipment is under the RoHS directive and passed the documented testing of hazardous substances does not exceed the prescribed limit.
How long does the RoHS certificate valid for?
RoHS certificate is valid for five years to record product safety and verify RoHS compliance.
What is RoHS CE marking?
RoHS CE compliance is a Product Marking Certification and sometimes is mandatory if you want to sell electronic products in EU Nations.
What is the cost of RoHS certification?
RoHS Certification provide the traceability for the product safety restricted the use of the hazardous substance. Costing for RoHS depends on the annual revenue of an organization depending on the size of the industry.
Is RoHS certified products lead free?
RoHS Certification has restricted the use of 10 Hazardous substances in their EEE. Lead is one of the hazardous substances. In the RoHS directive, they have clearly mentioned the user must not exceed the exact limit. For lead, it is 0.004%.
For other substances, the Directive has given the maximum limits.
GET YOUR ABSOLUTE FREE QUOTE FOR ROHS CERTIFICATION