SFI CERTIFICATION – Sustainable Forestry Initiative
The UAE is a country that has a growing population and much of the growth is in urban areas. This means that more and more trees are being cut down to make room for more houses and infrastructure. As the demand for wood products increases, so does the pressure to cut down more trees. Get started on your SFI Certification journey with Ascent EMIRATES
SFI Certification in A Brief:
With so much of the UAE’s economy dependent on the agricultural sector, it is important to ensure that sustainable forestry practices are being carried out across all levels of production. In fact, it is estimated that there are more than 10 million hectares of forest cover in the UAE with an average annual growth rate of 2 percent.
This growth rate has resulted in a significant increase in demand for wood products and services, which makes it even more important for companies to adopt a sustainable approach to their operations. SFI also helps establish and enhance the reputation of sustainable forestry practitioners, in line with the UAE’s vision to become a global leader in sustainable finance.
Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) is an international standard for sustainable forest management. It was developed by the International Tropical Timber Organization and the World Forum on Sustainable Forestry and was first published in 2001. SFI is a global standard that has been adopted by over 100 countries, including the UAE, United States, China, and India.
Ascent EMIRATES helps you to gain this SFI Certification in UAE – Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Fujairah, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah, and Al Ain. Besides, apart from the UAE, we also have exposure to Oman and Saudi Arabia.
Benefits of SFI Certification:
The benefits of having SFI Certification in UAE – Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah are many, but they have a direct impact on your bottom line. Some of them are:
- SFI Certificate provides the opportunity for you to contribute to UAE’s economy by helping to ensure sustainable forest management practices are carried out.
- The SFI program is designed to help ensure that your company is compliant with all relevant laws, regulations, and standards concerning the management of its forests.
- The SFI certifies that a candidate has met all its requirements for certification as a “Sustainable Forester” or “Forester.”
- It will also help to build upon the country’s existing credentials in sustainable forestry, which are already among the highest globally.
- You can expect increased revenue, increased customer retention, and increased customer satisfaction as well as improved employee performance.
Requirements of SFI Certification:
The certification shows that you have a strong grasp of the legally-biding forest management policies and finances, and can manage your business operations to meet the environmental standards effectively. This will help put you ahead of your competitors who may not have this level of knowledge or experience.
Ascent EMIRATES is a leading consultancy in Sustainable Forestry Management, providing consulting services to companies who want to implement SFI practices in their operations. Our team has extensive experience in environmental planning, environmental impact assessment, and sustainable development projects.
SFI Certification Process:
Things necessary for the process are:
Sustainability Audits – Assessing your current sustainability performance against international standards.
Sustainable Forest Management Plans – Ensuring that you meet your targets through responsible forest management practices
Forest Certification – An internationally recognized certification scheme that guarantees your business’s commitment to sustainable forestry
- The first step towards implementing sustainable forestry practices is an audit of your current practices.
- This can include an assessment of the effectiveness of your current management plans, as well as any gaps that need to be addressed in order to comply with UAE standards.
- The audit team will visit your site(s) where they will inspect all relevant areas including production forests and plantation forests, timberlands, plantations, roads, waterways, and so on.
- The consultants have extensive experience in all aspects of SFI management from forest inventory and assessment to planning and implementation.
Strength of Ascent EMIRATES:
Ascent EMIRATES is a consulting firm in UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia that provides SFI Accreditation services to businesses in the UAE.
- We have been managing sustainable forest practices for decades, helping businesses across the UAE implement sustainable forestry practices.
- Our team has years of experience working with businesses to develop and implement sustainable forest management practices across the UAE.
- We also provide training to help companies understand how to implement these practices in their operations.
- We work with our clients to develop a long-term plan for their Sustainable Forestry Programs.
Ascent EMIRATES can help you get into SFI certification in UAE, Oman, & Saudi Arabia, today! So, connect with our expert advisory team @ firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more. Dial : +971-4-4558490 to avail Best Offers.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is SFI Accreditation?
The Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) is a voluntary certification program that helps organizations and individuals identify, manage, and conserve the world’s remaining forests. The SFI Accreditation process includes environmental and social impact assessments, stakeholder consultations, and reporting.
2. How Being An SFI-certified Company Can Help My Company?
Meeting SFI Certification Requirements UAE and other Middle East regions, is a major milestone for any company. It is a mark of excellence and an indication that you are among the best in your field. As an SFI-certified company, you will have all the rights and privileges that come with it. You will be able to engage in international trade and can export products overseas.
3. How Can Ascent EMIRATES Help My Company Comply With SFI Standards?
We offer a comprehensive, yet cost-effective solution for all your SFI Accreditation needs. Providing professional advice and assistance on your SFI Accreditation journey is our specialty. Book an appointment today to learn more about how we can help you with SFI Implementation In UAE.
4. What Do You Mean By Comprehensive Approach To Sustainable Forestry?
We offer a comprehensive approach to sustainable forestry, with our consultants ensuring that you are ready to implement your own SFI Accreditation program. We have helped companies reduce their carbon footprint, address challenges caused by deforestation in their supply chains and improve the health of the forests they rely on for timber, fiber, and food products.
GET YOUR FREE QUOTE FOR ce marking Certification
OBTAIN ISO 17025 CERTIFICATION