MLC CERTIFICATION in UAE – FOCUSING ON MANAGEMENT SAFETY, QUALITY & SHIP MANAGEMENT JUDICIAL FRAMEWORK & SEA-RELATED ACTIVITIES
Avail the best maritime Labour Convention for Ships. Get your ship’s MLC Certification in UAE to provide safety to the seafarers from Ascent EMIRATES, your one-time solution.
What is MLC Certification?
MLC is the abbreviated form of Maritime Labour Convention. The International Labour Organization published the MLC in 2006. It puts its focus on managing safety, quality, and ship management.
It also ensures the judicial framework in the ocean and sea-related activities are within its directives. All the ships that entire the harbors require MLC standards and accreditation.
Besides, we have a widespread recognition over the areas of MLC Certification in UAE – Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah. Furthermore, apartfrom UAE, we provide consulting services throhghout Oman, & Saudi Arabia as well.
Why is MLC required?
MLC Certification in UAE Dubai ensures that the seafarers have the powers to ethical conditions of work. It is also called the ‘Seafarers’ Bill of Rights’. It includes all the seafarers, as well as the ones who work in the hotel and other passenger services on–board different commercial yachts and cruise ships.
Furthermore, the MLC in Dubai also ensures that safety and quality are maintained in the ship management. It lays the foundation of a legal framework for ocean related activities. The convention is divided into 16 articles that contain all the provisions as well as the codes.
The codes are contained within 5 titles, each of which contain specific provisions.
Title 1 – It consists of the minimum requirements for the seafarers to work on the ship.
Title 2 – It consists of all the conditions of employment for the seafarers.
Title 3 – This contains all the requirements related to accommodation, food, and catering and recreational facilities.
Title 4 – This contains all the conditions required for the health protection, medical care, welfare and social security protection of the seafarers.
Title 5 – This contains all the compliance and enforcement related requirements.
- Safety at Sea – The MLC in UAE – Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah works as an insurance or safety measure for the labours on-board different vessels.
- Rights reserved – Seafarers are better informed about their rights and also about the remedies available in case of adverse situations. This allows the seafarers to fight for their rights both on-board and ashore.
- Betterment of livelihood – It ensures that better working conditions are available for the seafarers. It also makes significant changes in the lifestyle of seafarers.
- Responsible shipping – By acquiring the MLC, the shipping industry becomes more responsible socially.
- Surveillance – The surveillance gets improved at all levels, making a journey on-board much safer.
- Workforce – The MLC makes sure that workforce on-board is much more secure and reliable. As the rights of the labourers are secured, they will work in a much more worry-free manner.
- Environmental Protection – The standard also makes sure that the environment is protected through its regulations.
- Supervision – To comply with the standard, a proper supervision is required at all levels that also contribute to better management. This improves the minimum working and living conditions.
- Reputation – Your reputation has increased manifold as it shows that you are concerned about the rights of the labourers who are working for you.
MLC certification plays a vital role to keep up the rights of seafarers. As per its global availability, there is a continuous growth among the ports as well as seafarers, as this is a strong pillar of the economy of many countries.
The law and regulations from MLC are far great options for employees, staff, and other associates. With the help of MLC approval, the protection of seafarers against the different unfair competition will execute properly.
Strength of Ascent EMIRATES
elp you in assuring that your ships are compliant to the standard and acquire the certificate. Ascent EMIRATES is a leading consultancy for the MLC Certificate in UAE, Oman, & Saudi Arabia.
- Helps to acquire the certificate without the burden of hustle and bustle and documentation process.
- Has qualified lead auditors on MLC Certificate in Dubai with a professional attitude to handle your various problems related to conformity and certification of compliance.
- Works around the clock for their customers and clients with the simple motto of having no extra cost other than the one offered to an organization. Ascent EMIRATES, through its effective advisory, helps organizations to cut down the MLC Certificate Cost.
- Explains the importance and implementation of the standard.
- Trains and guides you throughout the process to achieve the certification.
Get in touch with Ascent EMIRATES, to get certified with MLC Certification in UAE – Dubai, Abu Dhabi, & Sharjah today. So, connect with our expert advisory team @ firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more. Dial : +971-4-4558490 to avail Best Offers.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is it mandatory to go through the MLC Standard in UAE process?
Well, this MLC Certificate for Ships is obligatory in certain ways. This directive is widely-used to deliver equilibrium in the quality of operation of shipowners. The activities ensure fair conditions and conduct fair competition without any obstacle among seafarers and sea owners.
Who should be filed for MLC certificate?
A shipowner who manages to ship more than 500 tonnes available for worldwide voyages is worthy to apply for this certification. Also, a company that has different operations to handle and execute at various ports in countries like Oman and Saudi Arabia is eligible. Also, the eligibility will be approved when you transit 500 GT or more out of the port.
What is the validity of MLC Certification in UAE?
MLC cycle is valid for 3 years starting from the date of its issue. The entire MLC process in UAE – Dubai and Abu Dhabi depends on the successful conduction of every surveillance audit. Each process will be required for 1st and 2nd years.
What is the validity of the MLC Certificate in Oman and Saudi Arabia?
The maritime labour certificate validity is three years from the date of certification in Oman, & Saudi Arabia. Besides, there will be surveillance audits before the completion of each year. MLC which stands for international employment Convention was adopted by ILO in 2016.
Do you know about the latest amendment added recently to MLC Certification?
In 2018, a new amendment in Dubai was released by making some changes in seafarer employment agreements (SEAs). This gives the following benefits:
- Payment of seafarer wages
- Progressive growth of seafarer repatriation entitlements