ISO 27001 for Industries Can Protect Medical Organizations from Cyber Threats
In retail and banking, digital assaults are a common occurrence, but they seem to be spreading to other industries too, including hospitals and medical organizations. Patients’ sensitive information is vulnerable to digital attacks, posing a huge threat to medical consumers.
Introduction to ISO 27001 Certification:
Medical services organizations have recently become focused on digital threats, which has left the public concerned about the security of their clinical records. Fraud programmers exploit the private information of clinics and patients in order to dishonestly charge them for expensive clinical hardware or software.
The clinics and patients they serve are particularly vulnerable to digital attacks and leaks. Having a certification system like ISO 27001 for Industries can help medical care organizations identify hazards, monitor clinical records, and demonstrate their seriousness to the public.
ISO 27001 for Industries in Brief!
A good way for medical organizations to protect themselves is by obtaining an ISO 27001 certificate as part of their security measures. Medical organizations of any size and industry can use ISO 27001 for Industries as a standard for securing secret information.
The public authority should begin implementing stricter guidelines with such genuine security hazards present in the medical care industry. The ISO 27001 for Industries Certificate will not only prepare you for these fast-approaching guidelines, but also serve as a model for other organizations in your field. Implementing ISO 27001 also has several benefits for the organization.
At first, ISO 27001 can seem overwhelming. The ISO documentation is designed as a guideline for an organization to implement for the purpose of maintaining a safe and secure working environment.
What is ISO 27001 for Industries?
ISO/IEC 27001:2013 (ISO 27001) is an internationally accepted information security management system. An Information Security Management System (ISMS) is a management system based on a systematic business pattern for ensuring overall business risks through the implementation of security controls customized to the organization’s specific environment and needs.
The current version of the ISO 27001 standard places insignificance on measuring the effectiveness of the ISMS. It has already been a corporate trend to seek ISO 27001 for Industries Certification in Dubai, and within the entire UAE.
ISO 27001 for Industries is the only auditable international standard for an Information Security Management System (ISMS) that defines the requirements for an organization to conform to it.
It contains several controls for risk assessment. These include:
- Information security policies
- Human resource security
- Operations security
- Communications security
- Information security incident management
- Access control
These controls significantly help in protecting the database of the organization, its clients and customers from any kind of breach of information from theft, cyber-attack, hacking, etc.
Which Organizations Need ISO 27001 Certification?
To maintain confidentiality in an organization you can adapt for ISO 27001 Certificate. Any organization can adapt ISO 27001 for Industries Certification, as all businesses have their information and databases confidential.
It is very crucial for IT industries, the banking sector, financial sector, hospitals, public sectors, data centres, etc. where the information security arena is mostly encompassed by the regulatory laws.
There is no specific statement that recommends the types of organizations that can apply the ISO 27001 for Industries implementation in UAE and can be applied by any organization that perceives information security as a major business issue or a regulatory requirement.
Why Does Industries Need ISO 27001 Certificate?
It’s a common misconception that ISO 27001 for Industries is only required for IT industries. But, in truth the ISO 27001 can be implemented to protect data for any industry.
For example, if we think about pharmaceutical companies, they need to store a lot data related to development and composition of different drugs. These data, if not protected properly can be stolen and misused easily.
Similarly, food processing companies need to protect their exclusive recipes, or the manufacturing industries need their product development data protected.
Benefits of ISO 27001 Certification for Industries:
The ISO 27001 for Industries certification not only increases the data security of an organization, but also comes with a lot more benefits.
- Resilience to attack- The aim of certification is to make organizations more resistant to any data breaches.
- Protection of data- The goal of this program is to protect important data, whether it is in digital or physical form.
- Quality improvement- It ensures that the organization’s security infrastructure is constantly improving and that it is upgrading its technology. Up gradation of technology is always an integral part of both banking sector and the ISMS.
- Compliance to quality- The ISO 27001 for Industries certification guarantees that the organizations conform to the quality standard set by it.
- Meeting requirements- This certification also guarantees that the organization adheres to the standards set by the local government.
- Reliability- An organization’s credibility and trustworthiness is enhanced by having a strong brand, making it more reliable in the eyes of the public.
- Brand Image- Having the certification enhances the brand value and corporate image of an organization. This helps immensely in building a reputation and in extending the business.
Strength Of Ascent EMIRATES
- Worried about information security theft? NO need; Ascent EMIRATES will help you in assuring that the information is safe by helping implement and helping acquire an ISO 27001 certificate. Ascent EMIRATES is a leading consultancy for the ISO 27001 standard in UAE.
- Ascent EMIRATES helps to acquire the certificate without the burden of hustle and bustle and documentation process. Ascent helps to utilize the current good practices without reinventing the wheels
- Ascent EMIRATES has qualified ISO 27001 for Industries lead auditors with a professional attitude to handle your various problems related to conformity and certification of ISO 27001 Compliance
- Ascent EMIRATES works 24*7 for their customers and clients with a simple motto “No extra cost than the offered fees” to an organization. Ascent EMIRATES, through its effective advisory, helps organizations to cut down the ISO 27001 Certification Cost.
- Ascent EMIRATES explains the importance and implementation of the ISO 27001 standard.
- Ascent EMIRATES trains and guides you throughout the process to achieve the ISO 27001 for Industries certification.
- There is no compromise when it comes to information safety that is why you can trust Ascent EMIRATES by providing reliable and innovative solutions to your problems.
Get in touch with Ascent EMIRATES, one of the leading ISO 27001 certification services in Dubai, today for early access to information safety.
Frequently Asked Questions :
How long does it take get the certification?
Approximately, it takes 3 months for the full certification process (for less than 50 people). However, it is just a general estimation. It greatly depends on the magnitude and criticality of the business.
For how long is the ISO 27001 for Industries certificate valid?
After completion of the certification process, the Certification Body issue the ISO 27001 Certificate for 3 years. Every year there will be a Surveillance Audit and Re-Certification Audit on completion of the validity of 3 years.
What is the cost of certification industries?
Here mostly two costs are involved i.e., Certification cost and Consultancy cost. It depends on the Consultancy you take. For best and accurate cost Ascent provides a total package of Consultancy and Certification with no extra/hidden penny from your organization.
How does ISO 27001 work?
The standard establishes a set of procedures, policies, and systems for managing information risks, making it the only international standard for information security. A risk assessment for ISO 27001 for Industries could include events such as data breaches, hacks, data theft, or cyber-attacks, so ISO 27001 is essential for maintaining global data security.
ISO 27001: How do I get it?
It is necessary first to assess your company from all angles in order to ensure that you comply with ISO 27001 for Industries security standards. Here, document and implement any information security requirements that have not yet been met. Then the company is audited for ISO 27001 compliance. In order to remain certified, periodic reviews are required as part of an ongoing certification process.
GET YOUR ABSOLUTE FREE QUOTE ISO 27001 for Industries