UKCA FOR PRESSURE EQUIPMENT IN UAE, OMAN, SAUDI ARABIA
Learn about UKCA (UK Conformity Assessed) Regulations for Pressure Equipment – UKCA for Pressure Equipment in UAE
It is the UKCA (UK Conformity Assessed) marking is the latest UK conformity mark used to identify certain products (including pressure equipment and assemblies) which are now available onto the GB market. This excludes that of CE marking that is the conformity marking that is used to identify conformity in Northern Ireland and the European Union.
Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) in Brief:
It provides a legal framework to manufacture and sell pressure equipment to Europe and beyond, the PED certificate permits businesses to trade without restriction across Europe. European Union (EU) without needing to undergo a local approval system in each member state.
The PED refers to the manufacturing, design and evaluation of the conformity of pressure apparatus and assemblies having the maximum allowed pressure of more than 0.5 bar. To assist you in obtaining the UKCA for PED in UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Lebanon, and Jordan certification, our experts will guide you through the procedure. It will also assist you to ensure that the pressure equipment you’re selling, manufacturing and operating, including tanks, pressure vessels or boilers are secure and complies with the regulations, so that you are able to trade with the European market with no restrictions.
Benefits of A Directive for Pressure Equipment Certification?
- Increased security: The CE label on your pressure equipment indicates that the products that you manufacture have been tested against and meet EU safety regulations. It’s also an important indication that your products are secure and in compliance with EU laws.
- A commitment to quality: PED certification shows your organization’s dedication to maintaining the highest standards and thereby giving your customers confidence in the high-quality and reliability of the products you offer.
- Access to the EU market: PED certification permits you to trade on the European market with no restrictions UKCA for Pressure Equipment in UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Lebanon, and Jordan products are compliant with European standards for safety, health and environmental standards, which means that they can be sold within the European Economic Area.
Attain Access to the Great Britain Pressure Equipment Market with UKCA Marking:
Beginning January 1, 2021, all pressure equipment and other products sold in the Great Britain (England, Scotland as well as Wales) market must be able to display the UKCA for Pressure Equipment in UAE label. It replaces European Union (EU)’s CE marking.
Importers and manufacturers must make the necessary changes to make sure that the UKCA markings are affixed to their equipment for pressure with current certificates before the end of the transitional time period on the 1st of January in 2023.
Note: On November 14, 2022, the UK Department for Science, Innovation and Technology (DSTI) announced that the transitional period would be extended until the 31st of December 2024.
Note: What are the rules for UKCA marking pressure Equipment, e.g., pressure vessels, accessories for pressure pipes, safety accessories and their assemblies.
As of the date when this document was written from a technical point of view the requirements between UKCA and CE markings remain identical at the moment.
That means you’ll need to satisfy the specifications in the Pressure Equipment (Safety) Regulations SI 2016 No. 1105 which was amended in The Product Safety and Metrology etc. (Amendment etc.) (EU Exit) Regulations SI 2019 No. 696. Schedule 24 is a reference on Pressure Equipment.
Before putting their products for sale, manufacturers must:
- Make sure they are in compliance with requirements of the Directive’s Essential Health and Safety Requirements generally by adhering to EN standards.
- Create and maintain the technical files that demonstrate the compliance
- adhere to the applicable certification procedure and obtain the necessary third-party certifications
- Issue the EU declaration of conformity, or a UK Declaration of Conformity.
- Apply the CE conformity mark (or UKCA for Pressure Equipment in UAE) along with other markings that are specified.
You’ll have to modify your marking details and declarations of Conformity to address the specifications of either of the Ascent recognized entity as recognized body in the UAE.
If you are planning using the UKCA Certification on an assembly of pressure equipment, then every item that is part of the assembly might require to be UKCA labeled. Therefore, you might need to examine your supply chain with respect to this.
Why Work with Ascent EMIRATES?
- Internationally Renowned and Accredited: By selecting Ascent, you’ll be collaborating with a company that has the reputation and shown expertise to examine your equipment in accordance with the PED certification requirements.
- Technical Professional: The technical professionals at Ascents have firsthand knowledge of the PED’s requirements and their justification. You may be sure that our surveyors will comprehend the manufacturing issues you confront because they are selected for their sector-specific knowledge and competence.
Our professional assessment teams adopt a collaborative strategy that recognizes the significance of a quick, effective appraisal with the least possible disturbance to your organization. Our design appraisal engineers, inspection staff, and quality system auditors may assist you in preparing for certification, conducting equipment assessments, and other tasks with an industry-leading methodology.
Ascent EMIRATES provides an edge-to-edge service on a number of ISO Certification in UAE. Connect with us to learn more how you can increase your business standards.