ISO 14001 INTERNAL AUDITING – UAE, OMAN, SAUDI ARABIA
Discover Areas for Improvement, & Maintain Efficient Environmental Management Procedures – ISO 14001 Internal Auditing
ISO 14001 2015 Audit refers to the method of evaluating and assessing the environmental management system of an organization (EMS). It means to verify its conformance to its compliance to the ISO 14001 standard, effectiveness in meeting environmental goals and the identification of areas to improve. It entails conducting regular as well as objective reviews of EMS procedures, processes, and documents within the company.
ISO 14001 Internal Auditing in Brief:
ISO 14001 Internal Auditing helps companies make sure that their EMS functions as designed and is constantly improving. It is a method to evaluate compliance, discover areas for improvement, and to maintain efficient environmental management procedures.
Importance of Internal Auditing:
As a business, it’s important to understand the significance of internal auditing. There are several reasons why it’s crucial to have an effective internal audit system in place.
- Firstly, compliance verification is essential to ensure that your company is adhering to all relevant laws and regulations.
- Secondly, risk management is critical in identifying and minimizing potential risks that could harm your business.
- Thirdly, internal auditing can help optimize your processes and improve efficiency.
- Fourthly, it provides assurance to stakeholders that your Environmental Management System (EMS) is effective and in line with best practices.
- Finally, internal auditors offer an objective view in evaluating your EMS. All of these benefits highlight why internal auditing is of vital importance for businesses.
Internal auditing in UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Lebanon, Jordan, and Iraq is vital for businesses to make sure they are in compliance, control risks, measure efficiency, enhance processes and ensure continuous improvement in their environmental management processes. It enhances transparency, trust from stakeholders and efficient decision-making, ultimately enhancing the company’s sustainable environmental performance and long-term viability.
Key Aspects of ISO 14001 Internal Auditing:
Here are the most important aspects that are essential to ISO 14001 Internal Auditing:
- Goal: The main purpose in internal auditing would be to verify it is being done to ensure that the EMS is in place and maintained in a timely manner.
- Internal Audit Process Internal Audit Process generally consists of the following steps:
- Audit Preparation:
- On-site Audit:
- Audit Findings:
- Corrective Actions:
- Auditor Competence Internal auditors should have the required competence and knowledge to effectively conduct audits.
- Continuous Improvement: Internal auditing is the main driver for continuous improvement within the EMS.
ISO 14001 Audit Checklist:
The ISO 14001 audit checklist is an instrument used to evaluate the compliance of an organization with ISO 14001 standard requirements during an audit, whether external or internal. Auditors can use it to review and assess the company’s Environmental Management System (EMS) and also ISO 14001 Certification Cost in accordance with specific criteria.
The checklist in UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Lebanon, Jordan, and Iraq can be modified to meet the needs of an organization’s specific needs and circumstances Here are a few typical areas found in an ISO 14001 Certification audit checklist:
Context of the Organization:
- Does the company have a clear understanding of the internal and external aspects that affect its EMS?
- Have you identified the potential parties, and their requirements and expectations?
- Does the company have a defined nature, the scope of their EMS?
- Have they identified and evaluated its environmental impacts and their impact?
- Are all legal and other obligations that concern environmental aspects being been identified, monitored and respected?
- Does the company have established goals and goals for improving environmental performance?
Support and Resources:
- Do you have evidence of the proper resources being allocated to support the EMS?
- Are employees given the right training and awareness of the environment?
- Does there exist a documented procedure to communicate and consult with external and internal parties?
- Are there operational controls in place and in place to control important environmental issues?
- Are emergency response and preparedness well documented and adequately addressed?
- Performance Evaluation:
- Are there procedures in place for monitoring and evaluating the environmental performance?
- Did management conduct periodic reviews of the management on the EMS?
Non-Conformance and Corrective Actions:
- Are there procedures in place to detect the report and resolve any non-conformities?
- Are corrective measures taken to prevent non-conformities from occurring? Repeat incidents?
Documentation and Control:
- Do you have evidence that document controls and control of version processes?
- Are records maintained and kept in line with the organization’s established procedures?
Ascent EMIRATES also provide edge to edge service for many ISO Certification in Dubai. Connect with us to learn more how you can increase your business standards.