ISO 14001 Certification – ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
To manage the environment and get desired outcomes in safeguarding the balance in nature ISO 14001 environmental management system standard was adopted.
What is ISO 14001 Certification?
According to the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), for effective management of the environment, ISO 14001 came into force. This Environment Management System (EMS) ISO 14001 is a widely used standard globally. EMS is defined as “the management that manages the environment balance fulfilling the business aspects and finds the opportunity and threat.” ISO 14001 certification requires continual improvements with the Plan-Do-Check-Act system.
The ISO 14001 is from the family of ISO 14000- Environmental Standards. These standards are emerged by ISO Technical Committee and various subcommittees ISO/TC 207. For the value environment, different standards have been developed. The focal of other standards in the family is on specific approaches like labelling, analysis of life cycles, audit, climate change, and audit.
What does EMS mean?
Environment Management System is also known as EMS consists of rules, policies, guidelines, regulations, plans, records, methods, a process that states how an organization can coordinate with the environment. This method of coordination differs from company to company as different companies have different requirements to match their needs. So, it is just a framework for how to interact with the environment to meet the legal requirements of the business with successful EMS.
Benefits of ISO 14001 Certification
- Reduction in wastages.
- Improvement in environmental performance.
- Fulfilment of statutory and regularity requirements.
- Expansion of business to new territories.
- Improved Customer manager relationship.
- Pollution control.
- Proper utilization of resources.
- Identification and acting upon Environmental Aspects and Impacts.
Why ISO 14001:2015 version?
ISO 14001:2015 is not only a standard for guidelines for implementation but it is also a management of the environment to reduce wastages and proper usage of the environment. Go green and save the environment.
ISO 14001:2004 has been replaced by ISO 14001:2015 with various changes. These are the main changes in ISO 14001:2015.
- The planning process of the environment.
- Leadership role in expanding EMS.
- Maintaining ecological balance in biodiversity.
- Continual improvement in environmental performance.
- Control and interaction method with the environment.
- Emphasis on internal and external issues; and, Risk/Opportunity Assessment.
- Documentation process.
- Life Cycle perspective of the product.
What are the requirements of ISO 14001 Certification?
- Context of the organization: An organization needs to apply boundaries and a set type of operations needs to be followed to fulfill the scope of the management system.
- Leadership: Management team with the concern of leaders needs to outline the policies to gain maximum benefit without harming the environment by following the requirements of the standard.
- Planning: Your organization needs to plan the policies which are quantified and can be achieved.
- Support: For acquiring ISO 14001 certificate requires teamwork at all levels in an organization.
- Operation: Documented evidence is required to state that all the process is being defined and as per the standard compliance.
- Performance evaluation: Need to record all the procedures that your organization works effectively and ensures correct process control to monitor the requirements of EMS.
- Improvement: EMS is a continual process. It requires a record of any changes done in the process for gaining benefit commercially as well as environmentally.
Strength of Ascent EMIRATES
Many of us indeed get ISO certification self achieved. Hiring consultant bodies like Ascent EMIRATES can reduce lengthy processes and confusions that might be a big headache. Qualified professionals can help you to find, correct, and solve your problems that must be resolved before acquiring certification.
For more details simply fill the Request Quote form and get Consultant advice within a few minutes or contact directly chat through the WhatsApp Icon available on the site.
Frequently asked questions
Is ISO 14001 obligatory?
No, ISO 14001 is optional standard integration with ISO 9001, accomplishing organizational goals.
How long does it take to acquire ISO 14001 certification?
Depending upon the size of the organization. Larger the organization more time to get certified and vice versa. Approximately it takes 45 days to 3 months.
What is the cost For ISO 14001 Certification?
Depending upon the size of the organization cost may vary. The total cost includes consultancy fee and annual audit and certificate fee.
How long does ISO 14001 certification valid for?
The cycle of certificate is valid for 3 years and require surveillance audit and re-certification. It depends on an organization for how long period they enter into a contract.
What are the main objective of ISO 14001?
The main objective of ISO 14001 is to reduce the impact on the environment and managing all statutory regulations.
GET YOUR ABSOLUTE FREE QUOTE FOR Iso 14001