ISO 17020 Certification | Conformity assessment — Requirements for the operation of various types of bodies performing inspection
Get ISO 17020 Certification from the recognized Accreditation Body internationally and give a chance to be a part of your success.
What is ISO 17020 Certification?
ISO 17020:2012 is a standard for conformity assessment for the bodies providing various Inspection Services under the requirements and rules by ISO/IEC 17020 Directives.
ISO/IEC 17020 the internationally accepted standard for the operation of various types of bodies performing the inspection specifies the requirements in the standard. It is an accreditation drafted by ISO International Organization for Standardization; ISO 17020 Accreditation Part 2 is supervised by IAF MRA (International Accreditation Forum Multilateral Recognition Arrangement) to develop requirements for the operation and process of an inspection conducted by inspection bodies and to develop confidence in performing the inspection services. Accreditation to inspection is followed by the procedure by ISO/IEC Directives by which authorized bodies perform legal competence for the specific inspection. Inspection Bodies Accreditation verifies the technical capability of QMS and provides guidelines to achieve in tune and correct inspection processes.
As per ISO 17020 Standard on accreditation, the inspecting report by inspecting bodies is globally accepted and is treated as a legally valid document. This accreditation of conformity in the inspecting process improved the quality of the inspection. It was initially developed in the year 1998 with the revision in 2012 with three categories of Inspection Bodies.
The inspection body shall be independent to the extent that is required with regard to the conditions under which it performs its services. Depending on these conditions, it shall meet the minimum requirements stipulated in Annex A, as outlined below:
Type A: An inspection body providing third party inspections shall meet the type A requirements (third party inspection body).
Type B: An inspection body providing first-party inspections, second party inspections, or both, which forms a separate and identifiable part of an organization involved in the design, manufacture, supply, installation, use, or maintenance of the items it inspects and which supplies inspection services only to its parent organization (in-house inspection body) shall meet the type B requirements.
Type C: An inspection body providing first-party inspections, second party inspections, or both, which forms an identifiable but not necessarily a separate part of an organization involved in the design, manufacture, supply, installation, use, or maintenance of the items it inspects and which supplies inspection services to its parent organization or to other parties, or to both, shall meet the type C requirements.
Benefits of ISO 17020 Certification
- Improvement of the quality of the inspection process.
- Achievement expanding brand image.
- Fulfilment of customer satisfaction.
- Reduction in the cost of the inspection.
- Greater control of the process to be followed.
- Better credibility and market share.
- Protection from unforeseen contingencies.
- Improve effectiveness and productivity within inspection bodies.
- Legal Validity of the Inspection Report.
What are the requirements of ISO 17020 Certification?
- Inspecting bodies need to identify and fulfil certain requirements for the smooth conduct of their inspection and application of the standard.
- Analyzing the type of examination.
- Assessment based on the conformity of the standard.
- Required qualification of the personnel.
- Appointing Management personnel for the management system and technical personnel to analyze the technical requirements.
- Prepare and verify the inspection report.
- Analysis of report to match the requirements of the standard.
Why do you need to be ISO 17020 Accredited?
To take your products/services in the international market your organization needs to comply with the regional and international conformity of the standards. Accreditation adds value to your organization by making assured that your goods/services are that what they claim to be. In this globalized world with a thick and long supply chain, it becomes rigid to trace the originality of the goods. Achieving ISO 17020 Accreditation Certificate helps your business to be a step ahead of your competitor with the assurance of quality and authenticity.
Strength of Ascent EMIRATES
- Ascent EMIRATES guides you with a proper and complete understanding of ISO/IEC 17020 standard.
- Ascent has vast knowledge and experience in ISO 17020 consultancy service from their qualified professional.
- Ascent provides consultancy for all types of consultancy for implementation and certification for ISO 17020:2012 inspection bodies.
- Ascent provides a helping hand throughout the process of ISO 17020 certification sighing relief.
- Ascent works for the benefit of customers and clients so available 24X7.
- Ascent provides you with the proper and accurate budget with no extra penny further.
- Ascent’s general motto is customer/clients welfare.
- Get in touch today to enjoy the benefits of ISO 17020 Certification.
Frequently Asked questions
What is the difference between ISO 17025 and ISO 17020?
ISO 17025 Accreditation is a standard for Testing and Calibration services providing organizations; whereas ISO 17020 is organizations providing Inspection Services.
Is ISO 17020 mandatory?
ISO 17020 Accreditation is sometimes mandatory, as required by the Government, for some of the Inspection types. ISO 17020 specifies the requirements for bodies performing inspection with the competence of the conformity of the standard.
How long does it take to acquire ISO 17020 certification?
Timelines for acquiring ISO 17020 Accreditation depends on the nature of an organization and the following:
- Size of the Organization
- Methods being followed by the Organization, in providing the services- eg against National/International Standards; or Self Developed Procedures/Methods
- If they are self-developed procedures/methods- the procedures are needed to be validated.
How long ISO 17020 valid?
ISO 17020 certificate of accreditation authorized by IAF MLA is valid for 3 years from the date of accreditation award. After a one-year, a surveillance audit is conducted. On completion of the 3rd year, renewal audit for certification and surveillance is conducted.
What is the cost of ISO 17020 Certification?
Until we receive detailed information about your organization including the size and nature of your business, and the Procedure / Methods used for conducting Inspection services (against National/International standards or against self-developed Procedures / Methods).
GET YOUR ABSOLUTE FREE QUOTE FOR Iso 17020