ISO 27001 Information Security Management System
As the threat of a potentially devastating data breach increases and continues, protect your organization by adopting ISO 27001 Certification in Dubai.
What is ISO 27001 Certification
An Information Security Management System (ISMS) is a management system based on a systematic business pattern for ensuring overall business risks through the implementation of security controls customized to the organization’s specific environment and needs. ISO/IEC 27001:2013 (ISO 27001) is an internationally accepted information security management system. The current version of the ISO 27001 standard places insignificance on measuring the effectiveness of the ISMS. It has already been a corporate trend to seek ISO 27001 Certification in Dubai, and within the entire UAE.
ISO/IEC 27001 is the only auditable international standard for an Information Security Management System (ISMS) that defines the requirements for an organization to conform to it. The standard is designed to ensure the selection of proportionately adequate security controls to avoid compromising your organization’s vital information. ISO 27001 contains several controls for risk assessment. These include:
- Information security policies
- Human resource security
- Operations security
- Communications security
- Information security incident management
- Access control
These controls significantly help in protecting the database of the organization, its clients and customers from any kind of breach of information from theft, cyber-attack, hacking, etc.
Benefits of ISO 27001 Certification
The benefits of achieving the ISO 27001 Certificate are:
- Increases your attack resilience
- Protects your data/ information
- Reduction in information security costs
- Responds to evolving security threats
- Improves company culture
- Meets contractual obligations
- Makes tendering and participation easy for new business
- Avoid the financial penalties
- Protect and enhance your reputation
- Helps comply with regulatory needs
Requirements of ISO 27001 Certification
Amongst the overall requirements, an organization needs to comply with the following major requirements to achieve ISO 27001 Certification.
- Scope of the Information Security Management System
- Information security policy and objectives
- Risk assessment and risk treatment methodology
- Statement of Applicability (SoA)
- Risk Database, Risk Treatment Plan and report
- Definition of security roles and responsibilities
- Access control policy
- Legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements
- Monitoring and measurement of results
- Internal audit program and results
- Results of the management review
- Non-conformities and results of corrective actions
Why do you need ISO 27001 Certification?
By obtaining ISO 27001 Certification in Dubai, or elsewhere within the UAE, you obligate that your organization meets all possible requirements to reduce the risk of database theft and making it reasonably confidential. This standard assure that all your data information is protected, preserved, and is not misused or compromised. An organization can majorly demonstrate ISO 27001 compliance to most of the information security benchmarks and standards internationally, by applying ISO 27001 Certification.
Which organization needs ISO 27001 Certification?
To maintain confidentiality in an organization you can adapt for ISO 27001 Certification. Any organization can adapt ISO 27001 Certification, as all businesses have their information and databases confidential. It is very crucial for IT industries, the banking sector, financial sector, hospitals, public sectors, data centers, etc. where the information security arena is mostly encompassed by the regulatory laws. There is no specific statement that recommends the types of organizations that can apply the ISO 27001 standard and can be applied by any organization that perceives information security as a major business issue or a regulatory requirement.
Strength of Ascent EMIRATES
- Worried about information security theft? NO need; Ascent will help you in assuring that the information is safe by helping implement and helping acquire an ISO 27001 certificate.
- Ascent helps to acquire the certificate without the burden of hustle and bustle and documentation process. Ascent helps to utilize the current good practices without reinventing the wheels
- Ascent has qualified ISO 27001 lead auditors with a professional attitude to handle your various problems related to conformity and certification of ISO 27001 Compliance
- Ascent EMIRATES works 24X7 for their customers and clients with a simple motto “No extra cost than the offered fees” to an organization.
- Ascent explains the importance and implementation of the ISO 27001 standard.
- Ascent trains and guides you throughout the process to achieve the ISO 27001 certification.
- There is no compromise when it comes to information safety, that is why you can trust Ascent by providing reliable and innovative solutions to your problems.
- Get in touch today for early access to information safety.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is ISO 27001 Certification mandatory?
ISO 27001 Certification is for the organization dealing in the huge crucial and critical data and information. To safeguard these data and information from any harm or misuse organizations prefer taking ISO 27001 standard. It is a voluntary standard, and not mandatory till it is made so either by the contracts or the regulatory bodies.
2. How long, does it take to acquire ISO 27001 Certification?
Usually, it depends on the top management and the employees how well prepared are they, and especially the size of an organization decides the time needed to complete the process. Approximately, it takes 3 months for the full certification process (for less than 50 people). However, it is just a general estimation. It greatly depends on the magnitude and criticality of the business.
3. How long ISO 27001 valid for?
After completion of the certification process, the Certification Body issue the ISO 27001 Certification for 3 years. Every year there will be a Surveillance Audit and Re-Certification Audit on completion of the validity of 3 years.
4. What is the cost of ISO 27001 Certification in Dubai?
Here mostly two costs are involved i.e. Certification cost and Consultancy cost. It depends on the Consultancy you take. For best and accurate cost Ascent provides a total package of Consultancy and Certification with no extra/hidden penny from your organization.
5. Can an independent person be ISO 27001 Certified?
Yes. An individual can be certified as an ISO 27001 Lead Auditor or an Internal Auditor, upon completion and passing of a relevant course, as they work with confidential information for an organization. ISO 27001